Just about everybody has an old jar lying around the house. If you're like me, you have too many! It never feels right throwing them in the recycling bin or tossing them out when you know that there has to be another use for them. Unfortunately, they often just end up becoming clutter in your cabinets, and no one likes that. Instead of giving in and getting rid of them, why not transform them into fun snow globes? Make a custom, upcycled gift for any occasion with this fun, kid-friendly craft!
1. First, make sure your jar and lid are nice and clean. You wouldn't want any dirt floating around in your mini winter wonderland! Wash or rinse your jar out and lay it out to dry. Do the same with your action figure or whatever you would like to be the centerpiece of the snow globe.
2. Use your hot glue gun to attach your centerpiece decorations to the inside of the lid. If you're making a more complicated scene, be sure to know your design before gluing, as it is difficult to remove the effects after they have been attached. For simplicity, I have chosen a lone Yeti scene.
4. Add a couple of drops of bleach to the water. Be sure not to overdo the bleach, as it can affect the coloring of your centerpiece. The bleach is added to prevent mold or mildew from forming over time.
5. Add glitter to the water to your liking. Remember, you can always add more so it's best to start with a little. You can put more in but you can't take it out! Don't be alarmed if the glitter isn't sinking or floating around in the water. When you're done, you can shake it up to disperse it.
6. Carefully attach your lid, avoiding hurting the centerpiece. Make sure to screw the lid tight so it does not leak when it is shaken.