First Choice Power: Discover Competitive Rates for Electricity in Texas
- Headquarters: Houston, TX
- Founded: 2000
- Subsidiary of Direct Energy
- Markets served: Texas
- Read its parent company's recent press releases here.
- Learn about their activities in the community here.
As a member of the Direct Energy family of companies, First Choice Power supplies electricity to homes in open energy markets of Texas. According to its website, the company prides itself on being a supplier that listens to the needs of its customers and is convenient and affordable. The company offers fixed-rate, month-to-month and prepaid electricity plans to customers of First Choice Power in Dallas and other towns in the Lone Star State.
Please note: the following rates were published and are accurate as of May 16th, 2017 5:18 PM for ZIP code 75217. Rates may have changed since this date/time. For the most up-to-date rates in your area, please enter your ZIP code above.
First Choice Power Rates
|Plan Name||Plan Length||Rate|
|First Choice Power You Got This 12||12 months||$0.082 / kWh|
|First Choice Power You Got This 3||3 months||$0.083 / kWh|
|First Choice Power You Got This 24||24 months||$0.080 / kWh|
If you live in an open energy market region of Texas, you have the power to choose who supplies your electricity from one of the many electricity companies serving throughout the state. You can find First Choice Power in Houston as well as a number of other cities and towns. Enter your ZIP code in the box above to discover whether this company can offer any of the following electricity plans in your neck of the woods.
- Fixed-rate supply plans – Customers can lock in a single supply rate per kWh they consume for the entirety of a contract term. This option allows for peace of mind that your supply rate won't change.
- Month-to-month supply plans – Customers don't sign a long-term contract, but the supply rate they pay per kWh they consume is liable to change from month to month based on factors in the overall energy market such as weather and natural gas prices.
- Prepaid supply plans – These plans don't require a credit check or a deposit. You pay your bill as you consume energy, receiving alerts as your account balance gets low. With a 60-day positive account balance, you may even be able to switch to a fixed-rate plan without a deposit.
12 Greenway Plaza #250 Houston, Texas 77046