Ambit Energy for Business
When Texas deregulated its energy market in 2002, it gave customers the power to choose an electricity provider. Many people think of energy choice as a benefit to residential users. But owners of commercial ventures also can take advantage of deregulation when it comes to purchasing business electricity in Texas. Ambit Energy business rates are among providers merchants can consider.
Ambit, based in Dallas, was founded in 2006 and serves communities throughout Texas. It offers business electricity in utility service areas including Oncor, CenterPoint, Texas-New Mexico Power, and AEP Texas. Cities served include:
Why Ambit Energy business electricity is different
Ambit Energy business rates are competitive with those around the state. As of mid-February 2021, rates in the Oncor service area ranged from 6.9 cents per kilowatt hour (kWh) to 8.2 cents/kWh. Business energy prices, like those of residential electricity, are subject to change.
There is no charge from Ambit when you switch your business electricity to the provider, and there is no interruption of service. The company has multiple commercial energy plan options and promises dedicated account support.
In addition to helping your company, Ambit Energy is involved with local communities. It works with Feeding America to recruit volunteers and food and monetary donations.
To see what’s available for your business, call the number on this page or fill out the form. Energy experts will help you pick a plan.
Ambit Energy business electricity plans
The following are among business energy plans offered by Ambit:
TSC – 36 month term – This is a fixed rate plan, meaning the business electricity supply rate will stay constant throughout the length of the term. As a general rule, the longer the plan, the lower the rate.
TSC – 24 month term – This is similar to the 36-month plan but with a slightly higher rate.
TSC – 12 month term – Again, this is similar to the above plans but with a higher rate.
Ambit Energy reviews
Ambit Energy holds accreditation and an A+ rating from the Better Business Bureau. However, its grade on the Public Utilities Commission of Texas’ Retail Electric Provider Complaint Scorecard is a “3” of 5, with five representing the fewest complaints. The scorecard includes actions through Dec. 31, 2020.
How business electricity is different
Because business electricity costs are a major expense, owners spend a great deal of time on research before making a decision. A recent survey conducted by Dynata on behalf of SaveOnEnergy.com found commercial electricity customers spend at least five hours every year doing research on business electricity.
While respondents of the survey said cost was the main factor, they also cited other things they look for in a commercial energy provider. These included:
- Ease of purchasing
- Plan options
- Brand knowledge
- Green energy options
The average commercial electricity rate in Texas during 2020 was 7.74 cents per kilowatt hour. It won’t cost you anything to use the SaveOnEnergy.com marketplace to see whether you can lower your rates and save money for your company.
Call us now, or fill out the form on this page.
A few things to remember
- Don’t forget to read your plan’s Electricity Facts Label before signing up. It contains important information including:
- Price per kilowatt-hour based on usage
- % renewable energy sourcing
- Early termination fees
- Enjoy hassle-free supplier setup. Once your order has been confirmed, your new supplier will set up service with your utility, or transmission and distribution service provider (TDSP) – but don’t worry, there shouldn’t be any interruption to your power during the switch.
- Understanding your electricity bill. Your local TDSP will still deliver your electricity and maintain electric infrastructure including meters and power lines. Your utility fees can be found as TDU or TDSP charges on your monthly bill. They are independent of your supplier rate.
How to contact Ambit Energy
As mentioned earlier, Ambit Energy promises dedicated customer support for companies that sign up for its business electricity plans. Here’s how to reach it:
- Headquarters: O. Box 660462, Dallas, TX 75266-0462
- Bill pay: Log into your Ambit Energy account or call (877) 282-6248
- Customer service: Call (877) 282-6248
- Outages: Contact your utility company