Moms love homemade gifts. They show her you took the time to create something special just for her. Despite this fact, flowers are the most popular Mother's Day gift â€“ with consumers spending an average of $2.6 billion on flowers, according to the National Retail Federation.
Unfortunately, these pricey bouquets die and end up in the trash. For a homemade gift thatâ€™s gentler on the environment and your wallet, try making Mom a fruit bouquet with delicious pineapples, kiwis, blueberries and raspberries. This edible gift can be eaten right away or blended in a smoothie. You'll have less waste and a show-stopping centerpiece for Mom on Mother's Day. Learn how by following the steps below.
- 3 thick fresh pineapple slices
- 2 kiwis
- 3 raspberries
- 4 blueberries
- Paring knife
- 7 kabob sticks
- Cutting board
- Lay out cutting board.
- Cut triangle shapes into both kiwi horizontally.
- Cut triangle shapes out of pineapple slices. Remove triangles and set aside.
- Remove hard center of pineapple slices.
- Cut raspberry in half and insert rounded end into pineapple center.
- Insert kabob stick into pineapple vertically.
- Insert kabob stick into kiwi vertically.
- Add blueberry to tip of kabob stick.
- Line 3 skewers with 6 blueberries each.
- Line 3 skewers with 6 raspberries each.
- Line 3 skewers with 2 banana slices each.