Table Of ContentsAbout Just Energy Just Energy electricity rates Just Energy reviews Services offered by Just Energy Just Energy services areas SaveOnEnergy’s tips for easy electricity service setup Just Energy electric rates in my area Just Energy FAQs Contact Just Energy
Brands you know. Rates you can trust. Energy that works for you.
Call Today! 1-855-209-8145
About Just Energy
Just Energy, part of Canada-based Just Energy Group, is a leading energy retailer with more than 1.1 million residential and commercial customers in the U.S., Canada, and Germany. Just Energy provides electricity and natural gas to customers across their service areas.
Just Energy is the parent company of Amigo Energy, Hudson Energy, and Tara Energy. It is one of many deregulated electricity providers that offer affordable electricity rates for homes or businesses. This company offers a satisfaction guarantee, allowing customers to switch plans within 30 days of their service start date without a fee.
Just Energy at-a-glance
- Offers energy plans for both commercial and residential customers across North America.
- Provides the option to add a green energy component to your electricity plan.
- Options include variable and fixed rates to help you choose the energy plan that’s best for you.
Enter your ZIP code above to learn more about electric plans and rates in your area.
Just Energy reviews
|Overall SaveOnEnergy score||3.8/5|
We’ve broken down our scoring model into three main categories:
- Customer service (Power to Choose complaint score; Satisfaction guarantee)
- Online accessibility (Online bill pay; Online chat; Access to usage alerts & trends)
- Business history (Number of years in business; Accreditation by the BBB)
For more information on SaveOnEnergy.com reviews, see the full list here.
Ratings updated 2/15/2022
Services offered by Just Energy
Just Energy for residential customers
Just Energy sells electricity and natural gas in many of the areas it serves. The provider’s simplified pricing and variety of plans make it a popular choice for many residents, regardless of usage. Plus, it accommodates those seeking to shrink their carbon footprints with renewable energy plans.
Just Energy for business customers
Just Energy offers flexibility for commercial customers, customizing its options to meet the needs of small and larger businesses. Their business plans accommodate companies looking for price stability and sustainable operations. Features such as usage tracking and energy-efficiency tips are included for businesses.
Green energy options with Just Energy
Just Energy offers customers renewable options on any plan with its Just Green program. For a small monthly fee, Just Energy buys carbon offsets or renewable energy certificates for all or part of your electricity consumption to help you support sustainability.
Other Just Energy initiatives
- Community investment: Just Energy works with the Salvation Army and other organizations to offer assistance to low-income residents who need help with their energy bills. The company also supports efforts to give opportunities to children in the U.S. and Canada.
Just Energy services areas
In Texas, Just Energy plans are available in the following utility service areas:
- AEP Texas North. This service area covers northern Texas, including cities such as Abilene and San Angelo.
- AEP Texas Central. This service area includes Corpus Christi, Laredo, and McAllen.
- CenterPoint Energy. This service area includes the Houston metropolitan area, covering approximately two million residences and businesses.
- Texas-New Mexico Power. This service area covers cities such as Houston, Midland, and Dallas–Fort-Worth.
- Oncor Electric Delivery. This service area operates all across Texas, including areas such as Dallas, Plano, and many other communities.
SaveOnEnergy’s tips for easy electricity service setup
- Don’t forget to read your plan’s Electricity Facts Label before signing up. It contains important information including:
- Price per kilowatt-hour based on usage
- % renewable energy sourcing
- Early termination fees
- Enjoy hassle-free supplier setup. Once your order has been confirmed, your new supplier will set up service with your utility, or transmission and distribution service provider (TDSP) – but don’t worry, there shouldn’t be any interruption to your power during the switch.
- Understanding your electricity bill. Your local TDSP will still deliver your electricity and maintain electric infrastructure including meters and power lines. Your utility fees can be found as TDU or TDSP charges on your monthly bill. They are independent of your supplier rate.
How to move or transfer service with Just Energy
Just Energy customers do not have to cancel their service contract when they move. Though rates can vary depending on where you live, Just Energy can transfer your service to your new home. Contact Just Energy directly to learn more about how to transfer or cancel your service when you move.
Just Energy electric rates in my area
Just Energy serves many different areas across North America, but rates differ depending on where you have your service and what type of plan you take out. This is why it’s important to make sure you are checking energy rates in your area.
Many companies have different rates depending on the area and utility company. This fluctuation is mainly caused by different utility transmission charges. Enter your ZIP code today to find the best electricity rates near you.
Just Energy FAQs
What services does Just Energy offer?
Just Energy offers fixed-rate and variable-rate electricity plans across the U.S., Canada, and Germany. It operates in many deregulated areas, including Texas. Just Energy business plans are also available. SaveOnEnergy can help you build a customized commercial energy plan with a trusted energy company.
How can I compare Just Energy plans and rates?
SaveOnEnergy no longer features Just Energy plans on the marketplace. However, there are a variety of top electricity companies available through SaveOnEnergy. With our free marketplace, you can filter between energy providers and compare electricity options in your area. Enter your ZIP code above to begin exploring electricity rates and plans near you.
How can I pay my Just Energy bill?
You can make payments through the My Account portal on Just Energy’s website. There is also an online bill pay option with no login necessary. Customers in Texas can pay via mobile apps, pay-by-phone at 1-866-268-1975, your bank’s online bill pay service, by check or by cash at accepted locations.