Moving is hard. And while deregulated energy can mean lower rates, it also means one more thing to take care of in the move. When it’s time to find a new electric provider, Save On Energy is here to make it as easy as possible. Follow a few key tips, enter your ZIP code above, and you’ll be well on your way to a seamless transition.
How to move your Texas electric service
- Plan ahead. You can set a start date up to 90 days in the future, so shop early and secure the plan of your choice at today’s low rates.
- Estimate your usage. Texas families of four average 1 kilowatt hour (kWh) per square foot, so a family of four moving into a 2,000-square-foot home, for example, could estimate their usage at about 2,000 kWh per month.
- Let your current provider know you’re moving. Texas retail electric providers allow customers to change providers without an early termination fee if they provide their forwarding address or other proof of the move.
- Check if your new residence has a smart meter. Most Texas homes do, which means service can be activated remotely. There’s no need for an electrician to come in person.
- Double check your cancellation. The electricity provider at the new home will contact the utility to set up service. However, Texas movers should still contact the electricity provider at the old residence to make sure service there has been canceled.
Ready to check off a box on your moving to do list? Enter your ZIP code above to get started.
Why Save On Energy?
Combine your power to choose with the Save On Energy marketplace to find deals and low rates across Texas from top energy providers. We also have no-deposit options. Save On Energy partners with trusted brands, so you can be sure you’re getting reliable service, no matter where you live.
Shop providers such as Reliant Energy, TXU Energy, and 4Change Energy online 24/7, or give one of our energy experts a call at the number above.