When it’s time to switch electricity providers, Save On Energy is here to make the process as easy as possible. Deregulated energy allows Texas residents plenty of options to choose from so they can find the plan and rate that work best for them. Avoid early termination fees and keep your service running smoothly with a few key tips.
How to switch your Texas electric service
- Check your renewal rate. Many residents switch providers because renewal rates are usually higher than the rate you pay as a new customer. If your company offers a renewal rate lower than what you find online make sure to read the Electricity Facts Label (EFL) to ensure the rate is what they say.
- Shop early. With Save On Energy you can choose a start date up to 90 days in the future, so you can secure today’s low rates even if you still have a few months to go on your contract.
- Skip the early termination fees. If your contract expires in 14 days or less, you can switch providers with no early termination fee.
- Don’t cancel your old electricity provider. Leave your old contract as-is to avoid a lapse in service. Your new provider will automatically handle the switch when your new plan starts.
- Cold feet? If you change your mind, you can cancel the switch with no early termination fee within three days of receiving your Terms of Service agreement. This applies for TOS agreements received online and in the mail.
Ready to switch? Enter your ZIP code above to shop today’s offers.
Why Save On Energy?
Save On Energy’s 24/7 online marketplace makes it easy to exercise your power to choose an electric retail provider that meets your needs. Compare rates and plans from top providers such as TXU Energy, Just Energy, and Direct Energy. Save On Energy partners have been thoroughly vetted, so you can be sure you’re getting reliable service no matter who you choose.
Not sure what you need? One of our energy experts will be happy to guide you through the process. Just give them a call at the number above.