What is Chariot Energy?
Chariot Energy is a 100 percent renewable energy retail electric provider (REP) based in Houston, Texas. It is the retail branch of 174 Power Global Corporation, a utility-scale solar development company. Chariot offers plans for homes and businesses fueled by solar power.
Chariot Energy electric rates and plans
Because Chariot generates its own solar power without a middleman, it can offer solar energy plans to consumers as competitive prices. It is the first REP in Texas to include solar in all of its plans, which use Solar Renewable Energy Certificates (SRECs) to offset customers’ energy usage.
Chariot’s solar farms allow residents and businesses to enjoy solar energy without rooftop panels. For customers who already have rooftop panels, the company offers a solar buy-back program to purchase excess energy produced in exchange for bill credits.
Chariot Energy is just one of many REPs on the Texas market. Give us a call or enter your ZIP code above to see all the plans and rates available in your area.
Chariot Energy reviews
Overall score: 4.0 out of 5
- Customer service: 4.5
- Online accessibility: 5.0
- Business history: 2.5
We’ve broken down our scoring model into three main categories: customer service, online accessibility and business history. These categories contain the following items:
- Customer service
- Power to Choose complaint score
- Satisfaction guarantee
- Online accessibility
- Online bill pay
- Online chat
- Access to usage alerts & trends
- Business history
- Number of years in business
- Accreditation by the Better Business Bureau
Chariot Energy is a young retail electric provider, but its parent company Hanwha Group has been in business since 1952. However, its lack of BBB accreditation hurts its final score. The company excelled in online accessibility, and it also wins good marks on the Power to Choose complaint scorecard and for a satisfaction guarantee. For more information on SaveOnEnergy.com reviews, see the full list here.
(ratings updated 10/28/2020)
How to shop with SaveOnEnergy.com
SaveOnEnergy.com® is one of the largest energy marketplaces in Texas, helping over 1 million customers find an energy plan that works for them. Not sure which plan fits your needs? Call the number above and one of our energy experts will be happy to help. Let’s get started:
- Enter your ZIP code above. We’ll show you the rates and plans available in your neighborhood. We get paid by our partners so you can shop for free.
- Find your plan. Filter by rate type, home size, green energy, and more. Once you’ve made a choice, sign up online or over the phone in just a few minutes.
- You’re all set! A confirmation email should be waiting in your inbox. Your new provider will handle set up without any interruptions in your power.
Contact Chariot Energy
Please contact your utility company to report and check the status of power outages and other emergencies. To contact Chariot Energy about plan, rate, or bill questions, please see below.
- Log into your Chariot Energy account here.
- Contact Chariot Energy customer service at 1-855-524-2746, CustomerCare@mychariotenergy.com, or through this form.
New to energy deregulation? Need help finding a plan?
WE’RE HERE! CALL 1-855-209-8145