Table of contentsChariot Energy plans Chariot Energy Reviews Services offered by Chariot Energy Chariot Energy services areas SaveOnEnergy’s tips for easy electricity service setup Chariot Energy electric rates in my area Contact Chariot Energy Chariot Energy FAQs
About Chariot Energy
Based in Houston, Chariot Energy is a trusted retail electricity provider (REP) specializing in green energy. As an affiliate of 174 Power Global, the company offers renewable energy plans for Texas’s residential and business energy customers.
Established in 2019, Chariot Energy aims to make renewable energy more accessible and affordable for everyone. Despite its young age, the company has built a strong reputation in the Texas energy market. To find Chariot Energy plans in your area, type in your ZIP code above.
Chariot Energy at-a-glance
- Provides renewable energy plans for Texas residents and business owners.
- Offers fixed-rate plans with a range of term lengths.
- Has a solar buyback option for homeowners with existing solar systems.
Chariot Energy rates in Texas
|Plan Name||Plan Length||Rate|
|Chariot Energy - GridEdge 36||36 months||$0.149 / kWh|
|Chariot Energy - GridEdge 18||18 months||$0.169 / kWh|
|Chariot Energy - GridEdge 12||12 months||$0.181 / kWh|
|Chariot Energy - Green Saver 36||36 months||$0.229 / kWh|
|Chariot Energy - Green Saver 24||24 months||$0.234 / kWh|
|Chariot Energy - Green Saver 18||18 months||$0.239 / kWh|
|Chariot Energy - Green Saver 12||12 months||$0.249 / kWh|
Please note: All rates above are accurate as of 9/30/2022, 5:03:44 AM CDT for ZIP Code 75001. Rates may have changed since this date/time. For the most up to date rates in your area, please enter your zip code above.
Chariot Energy plans
Chariot generates its own solar power, it can offer green energy plans to consumers at competitive prices. It is the first REP in Texas to include solar in all of its plans, which use Solar Renewable Energy Certificates (SRECs) to offset customers’ energy usage.
Chariot’s solar farms allow residents and businesses to enjoy solar energy without rooftop panels. For customers who already have rooftop panels, the company offers a solar buy-back program to purchase excess energy produced in exchange for bill credits. Give us a call or enter your ZIP code above to explore plans and rates from multiple providers in your area.
Chariot Energy Reviews
|Overall SaveOnEnergy score||4.2/5|
We’ve broken down our scoring model into three main categories:
- Customer service (Power to Choose complaint score; Satisfaction guarantee)
- Online accessibility (Online bill pay; Online chat; Access to usage alerts & trends)
- Business history (Number of years in business; Accreditation by the BBB)
For more information on SaveOnEnergy.com reviews, see the full list here.
(Ratings updated 09/08/2022)
Services offered by Chariot Energy
Chariot Energy for residential customers
Whether you’re a renter or a homeowner, you can choose from several fixed-rate Chariot Energy plans for your household energy needs. All of the company’s plans come with at least a six-month contract and include 100% green power.
Chariot Energy for business customers
Texas business owners can also use Chariot Energy to go green. They offer a variety of commercial energy plans that could reduce your company’s energy bills and improve its carbon footprint.
Green energy options with Chariot Energy
Chariot Energy exclusively sells 100% green energy plans. The company generates solar power through its solar farms in West Texas, so customers don’t need to have their own solar panels to reap the benefits of this renewable energy source. Instead, Chariot Energy earns Solar Renewable Energy Certificates (SRECs) for the power it generates. These credits are then applied to offset their customers’ energy usage.
Other Chariot Energy initiatives
- Rise Solar Energy Buyback plan: Chariot Energy will reward you with credits for excess energy generation if you already have a working solar system at your home.
- Refer-A-Friend programR: If your friend signs up with Chariot Energy using your referral code, you can each earn a $50 bill credit.
Chariot Energy services areas
- Oncor Electric Delivery: Oncor’s service area covers many parts of Texas, including the Dallas–Fort Worth metroplex and communities like Pflugerville and Wichita Falls.
- CenterPoint Energy: The CenterPoint service area includes Houston and its surrounding cities, such as Katy and Sugar Land.
- Texas-New Mexico Power: This service area covers various parts of Texas, including select cities in the Houston and Dallas-Fort Worth metropolitan areas.
- AEP Texas: AEP serves communities across the Lone Star State, including Corpus Christi and Victoria.
SaveOnEnergy’s tips for easy electricity service setup
- Don’t forget to read your plan’s Electricity Facts Label before signing up. It contains important information including:
- Price per kilowatt-hour based on usage
- % renewable energy sourcing
- Early termination fees
- Enjoy hassle-free supplier setup. Once your order has been confirmed, your new supplier will set up service with your utility, or transmission and distribution service provider (TDSP) – but don’t worry, there shouldn’t be any interruption to your power during the switch.
- Understanding your electricity bill. Your local TDSP will still deliver your electricity and maintain electric infrastructure including meters and power lines. Your utility fees can be found as TDU or TDSP charges on your monthly bill. They are independent of your supplier rate.
How to move or transfer service with Chariot Energy
You can contact Chariot Energy if you plan to move. Ideally, you do so two weeks before you vacate your current residence to give the provider enough time to handle the switch. If you move to an address outside of Chariot Energy’s service area, the company will waive your early termination fee (ETF) if applicable.
Chariot Energy electric rates in my area
Several factors affect your electricity rate. One of the more important factors is the distribution fee your utility charges to send electricity to your residence or business. Since each utility has different rates, you could have the same plan as someone else, but pay different prices. You can find the most accurate electricity rates through our marketplace. Type in your ZIP code to discover plans and rates available near you.
Chariot Energy FAQs
Will Chariot Energy require a deposit?
Expand / Collapse Toggle
Will Chariot Energy charge me a cancellation fee?
Expand / Collapse Toggle
Yes. Chariot Energy’s fixed-rate plans come with an early termination fee of $15 per month for each remaining month on your contract. This does not apply if you move outside of Chariot Energy’s service area.
How can I pay my Chariot Energy bill?
Expand / Collapse Toggle
Log into your Chariot Energy account to pay your bill. Alternatively, you can call 1-855-524-2746 or mail payment to their address. The address will be on your billing statements.