The benefits of deregulated energy extend to Kingsville businesses as well! Whether you own a small or commercial business, SaveOnEnergy.com will customize an electricity quote from one of our partnered retail energy providers. All we need from you is a little information to get started:
- Your company’s name & ZIP code
- An email address
- A phone number
- Your first name
- The average price you currently pay for your monthly electricity bill
Once you’ve filled out this form, one of our deregulated energy experts will call you to discuss your business’s needs and build a custom electricity quote in your budget.
What rate plans are available to me?
Kingsville, TX customers have the choice between: -Variable rate plans (offer flexibility from month to month) -Price secured rate plans (offer a stable rate for the length of the contract) -Prepaid plans
What benefits will I get if I sign up for a plan with a SaveOnEnergy.com provider?
- Best-in-class customer service
- Customer awards and discounts
- Fixed, variable or prepaid plans
- No credit check or deposit
- 24/7 online account access
- Easy-to-use tools to help monitor and manage energy use
- Paperless billing/online bill payment
- Mobile app and text balance updates
- Full or partial renewable energy options
- Charitable contributions
- & Much more, all at a rate that works for you
Do SaveOnEnergy.com providers offer renewable energy plans?
Yes! We can guide you through the variety of clean energy options available to Texas residents. Call us to discuss plans that incorporate solar power, wind power, renewable energy credits, and more!
Is a credit check or deposit required?
Some electric plans offered in our marketplace do not require credit checks or deposits. Don’t let poor credit or deposit concerns stop you from finding an affordable electric rate -- call us to learn more about no-credit check, no-deposit plans.
What should you expect during and after the switch?
Even though you’ve signed up with a new supplier, AEP Central will still deliver and maintain your electricity service. Although there shouldn’t be any interruptions to your power during the transition, you can always contact AEP Central directly if you experience an outage or other emergency.