Thank you to everyone who submitted a lesson plan or spread the word about our first SaveOnEnergy.com Teacher Grant. It was a tough decision but we've selected our 2015 grant recipients. We felt the following lessons plans best inspired participation, incorporated important topics, were well thought-out and exemplified the winner's passion for teaching. These teachers will receive a $500 Visa gift card toward the required materials for their lesson plan and any additional classroom expenses.
Congratulations, teachers! We appreciate all you do and look forward to hearing about your lesson plan in action!
Winning lesson plans:
- Energy Conservation by Amanda Davison, Garrett Elementary School, Hazelwood, MO
- Cooling Costs and Insulation by Alicia Hilliman, R D McAdams Junior High, Dickinson, TX
- Energy 101 by Jennifer Blank, Westridge Elementary School, Kansas City, MO
- Do Me a Flavor: Growing Fresh Organic Herbs by Megan Lukehart, Sycamore Rocks Elementary, Apple Valley, CA
- Understanding Energy Costs by Jennifer Russell, Shullsburg Junior High, Shullsburg, WI
- Light! Camera! Action! Save Energy! by Diana Goodwin, Canadian Elementary School, Canadian, OK
Are you a teacher who's planning on using one of the winning lesson plans in your classroom? We'd love to hear your story too!
Missed the deadline? Stay tuned in 2016 for our next Teacher Grant opportunity.