Compare Texas Electricity Rates
In Texas, where energy is deregulated, energy rates can vary depending on electricity usage and plan. This means that Texas residents have the power to choose an electric plan and retail energy provider that best suits their energy usage and needs.
Various providers in Texas offer competitive rates for different types of consumers, so be sure to check out the plans that SaveOnEnergy.com offers by entering your zip above.
CenterPoint Electricity Rates in Texas
Please note: All rates below are accurate as of 06/12/2018 at 2:03 p.m. EST for ZIP Code 77077. Rates may have changed since this date/time. For the most up to date rates that providers offer in your area, please enter your zip code above.
|4Change Energy Budget Saver 12||12 month||$0.099/kWh|
|TXU Energy Smart Deal 12||12 month||$0.109/kWh|
|Pennywise Power Wise Buy 12||12 month||$0.112/kWh|
|Direct Energy Live Brighter 12||12 month||$0.129/kWh|
|Champion Energy Champ Saver-12||12 month||$0.126/kWh|
Oncor Electricity Rates in Texas
Please note: All rates below are accurate as of 06/12/2018 at 2:06 p.m. EST for ZIP Code 76036. Rates may have changed since this date/time. For the most up to date rates that providers offer in your area, please enter your zip code above.
|4Change Energy Budget Saver 12||12 month||$.093/kWh|
|Pennywise Power Wise Buy Conserve Plus 12||12 month||$.105/kWh|
|TXU Energy Smart Deal 12||12 month||$.099/kWh|
|Direct Energy Live Brighter 12||12 month||$.118/kWh|
|Reliant Energy Secure Advantage 12||12 month||$.119/kWh|
|Champion Energy Champ Saver-12||12 month||$.115/kWh|
|Bounce Energy Terrific 12||12 month||$.118/kWh|
AEP Electricity Rates in Texas
Please note: All rates below are accurate as of 06/12/2018 at 2:07 p.m. EST for ZIP Code 78415. Rates may have changed since this date/time. For the most up to date rates that providers in your area, please enter your zip code above.
|4Change Energy Budget Saver 12||12 month||$.099/kWh|
|4Change Energy Eco Saver 12||12 month||$.110/kWh|
|Pennywise Power Wise Buy Conserve Plus 12||12 month||$.121/kWh|
|TXU Energy Smart Deal 12||12 month||$.109/kWh|
|Champion Energy Champ Saver-12||12 month||$.126/kWh|
To find out more about energy choice in your area with SaveOnEnergy.com®, enter your ZIP code to for a complete list of plans.
Types of Energy Rates in Texas
Different electric plans offer different benefits depending what type of energy consumer you are. Energy rates in Texas vary among REPs, but some options to look forward to as far as supply rate types include:
Supply Rate Type
Fixed-rate supply plans offer consumers a secured rate per kilowatt hour (kWh) throughout a contract period.
Variable-rate supply plans do not offer a secured rate, which means price per kWh may vary each month.
Indexed-rate supply plans are similar to variable-rate plans, except an indexed plan is tied to the price of a public commodity.
Prepaid supply plans do not require a credit check and allows consumers to pay for energy in advance.
Green, or renewable, supply plans allow consumers to offset up to 100 percent of their household or business’ carbon emissions from the building's electricity consumption.
Learn why Texas is a leader in green energy
Texas currently produces and consumes more electricity than any other state in the country. This energy consumption is due to its size, but the ample land makes it a major producer of wind power – a renewable, or green, energy source. The environmentally friendly energy created by wind power is available to many Texas residents to supply the electricity in their home or business.
Green energy plans can also include energy produced by comparatively clean natural gas. Consumers can select the percentage of renewable energy they want to receive as part of their energy plan – up to 100 percent.
Compare energy providers and utilities
Although 85 percent of Texans can enjoy energy choice, the remaining 15 percent of residents receive their energy from the local utility company.
Utility companies are responsible for transmission and delivery of electricity even in energy deregulated parts of Texas and should be contacted in the event of a power outage. Your retail energy supplier may provide you competitive electric rates or exceptional customer service, but they cannot repair power lines or restore your service. In the case of an emergency, contact:
- AEP (Central and North): 1-866-223-8508
- CenterPoint Energy: 1-800-332-7143
- Oncor: 1-888-313-4747
- Sharyland: 800-545-4513
- TNMP: 1-888-866-7456
Select a city below to learn more about Texas energy companies near you!
How to compare electric rates
If you'd like more information on energy choice, a representative of SaveOnEnergy.com may be able to help connect you with the energy plan for you.
Ready to sign up for a new electric plan for your home or business? Enter your ZIP code to explore retail energy providers in your area.